We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive the Practice and our staff.
To help us with this, we have set up a Patient Participation Group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you have received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
The overall aim of our group (PPG) is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the Practice and the community is serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group key roles are:
- Create and improve two-way communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves.
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients.
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed
- Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
- Support the Practice in promotions.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the practice evaluate its services.
- Commuinicate to the local/wider community information about the practice.
- Liaise with the Sutton Consortium Patients representatives’ Group.
We have an active group of patients who meet with us on a quarterly basis. To ensure that all groups are covered in these discussions, we have vacancies for a mother of a small child, someone where english is not their first language, a teenager, a male representative and a representative for our LGBT patients. Please speak to Reception, leave your details and you will be contacted by the Practice Manager.
We have a noticeboard in the waiting room for up to date information. Alternatively you can contact one of our existing members on [email protected].
If you wish to participate please contact the Practice or complete the online form by clicking on the button shown below
OR: if you prefer, you can download the sign-up form below, print it out, fill it in, and post it to the Practice, put it through the letterbox, or hand it to a Receptionist.
We aim to acknowledge your request within a few days.
Please note that the PPG cannot become involved in matters of a specifically medical or clinical nature.
The National Association of Patient Participation
This association aims to promote the role and benefits of PPGs to patients, the public and health professionals, to create more understanding of the value of true patient participation also to promote the support available from N.A.P.P. Find out more about them click here.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.