Highest Clinical Risk Group (only (1.5m)  

Anyone in need (including those in the highest clinical risk group)

    • All patients at highest clinical risk who are shielding are asked to register to the Government Support website. This service provides access to food and medications whilst at home if needed.

    • To access this, patients must be flagged as highest clinical risk by the central process, their GP or a hospital specialist. 

    • Please note, there may be a short delay between the flag being applied and support arriving. 

    •  NHS Volunteer Responders: you can submit a live referral for an individual that needs support or an NHS service that requires volunteers providing they meet the referring criteria at https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSreferral or on 0808 196 3382.

    • Volunteers can provide: (1) Check in and chat support – short-term telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness as a consequence of self-isolation (note, this is not mental health advice); (2) Community support – collection of shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home; (3) Patient Transport – transport to take patients home who are medically fit for discharge.

    • Local councils are working with voluntary sector organisations and local communities to support residents in the response to COVID-19. You can signpost them to https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council, where they can locate their council and associated website where they can find all this information

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website